Entry into tanks and other confined spaces by workers is necessary for many industrial operations. From experience, it is well known that entry into such confined spaces may present a hazard to the worker.
This course is designed to create awareness of hazards, precautions, and the regulations associated with confined spaces; it will be especially helpful for those workers whose jobs are related to permit required confined spaces.
- Understand confined spaces and their types
- Comprehend the responsibilities of the employers and workers
- Explore the major provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Recognize hazards associated with permit-required confined spaces and their precautions
- Learn about venilation, work permits, safety equipment, and industrial ovens
- Look at the waste water hazards/ precautions(MSDS)
- Lesson 1 Introduction to Confined Spaces
- Lesson 2 Hazards/ Precautions of Confined Spaces
- Lesson 3 Work Permits, Safety Equipment, Industrial Ovens, and Confined Spaces in Wastewater
This course has been approved for 2 hours.
Quizzes - All quizzes must be passed with a 70% to proceed forward to the next lesson.
Final Exam- Final Exam must be passed with a 70% to pass the course. The final exam can be taken three times if necessary.